Kelowna, British Columbia – PRE Labs today unveiled new features available on the Amaruq™ Tactical Armour System, the Company’s premium laser-cut tactical vest designed for law enforcement and tactical teams. The new features were developed through extensive field testing and evaluation by trusted Canadian police units and are now available today as standard features on the body armour system.
The Amaruq™ Tactical Armour System boasts next-generation protection with laser-cut MOLLE and several premium tactical features.
“Continuous improvement is a cornerstone of our company and is something we look for in each and every one of our offerings”, says PRE Labs CEO, Brad Field. “We are fortunate to have relationships with a number of agencies that work with us to ensure our products preform to the highest standards in active duty scenarios. In the end our customers can be assured that their body armour has been put to the test and can trust that it will perform when they need it most.”
High-Capacity Side Closures
The Amaruq is now available exclusively with PRE Labs unique MAGLOC™ Side Attachment System. The system is comprised of ultra-strong triple integrated fasteners in a single closure component. This allows the system to offer an exceptionally high load capacity in a lightweight and streamlined profile.
The MAGLOC™ Side Attachment System offers unparalleled load capacity in an exceptionally streamlined profile.
The tactical vest is also PRE Labs first tactical system to integrate the Company’s new Adaptive Response Platform (ARP™).
Attached to the front of the carrier via quick-release magnetic buckles, the ARP™ allows for the rapid deployment of diverse gear configurations to prepare for any mission on the fly. Officers can have multiple platforms at the ready for patrol, active shooter, medic, K-9 scenarios, or any custom configurations as required.
The ARP™ System allows for the rapid deployment of diverse gear configurations without having to remove the carrier or cover up critical equipment.
The Amaruq now boasts additional laser-cut MOLLE on the chest and upper-back areas and integrates a more advanced cable routing system to better secure and conceal communication systems and antenna cables.
Rear view of the Amaruq's extensive laser-cut MOLLE and Tactical Insert Plate Pocket (TIPP™).
Concealed cable routes allow cables to pass through the inside of the front pockets and up to the shoulders.
The Amaruq™ Tactical Armour System with EMAP™ components.
Fully loaded Amaruq™ Tactical Armour System with ARP™ and EMAP™ components.
Comprehensive features of the Amaruq Tactical Armour System include:
- Constructed from tough 500D CORDURA® and multi-layer 500D/1000D SQUADRON™ textured nylon
- Ultra-strong, single-action lift release MAGLOC™ Side Attachment System
- Extensive Laser-Cut MOLLE compatible with all your MOLLE gear and PRE Labs versatile Scalable Tactical (STAC™) Pouch System
- Moisture wicking 3D inner mesh lining with OUTLAST® thermal control layer
- Accepts NIJ Certified Level III, III+ and IV hard armour plates in multiple sizes and shapes
- Tactical Insert Plate Pockets (TIPP™) with integrated trauma pocket and retention compartments
- Armour Plate Positioning System (APPS™) – dynamic adjustment of inserted rifle plates to ensure maximum coverage and protection
- Available with PRE Labs Adaptive Response Platform (ARP™) - rapidly interchange your MOLLE gear with preconfigured platforms for any mission
- Compatible with PRE Labs Enhanced Modular Armour Protection (EMAP™) System
- Adjustable neoprene padded double-overlap VELCRO® shoulders
- Adjustable and removable inner cummerbund
- Front and back VELCRO® for ID patches
- Large volume front accessory pocket with inner pocket organizers for administrative essentials and built-in retention compartments
- Internal ballistic nylon wear strips to protect your armour from abrasion against clothing and/or duty belt
- Advanced cable routing to secure and conceal communication systems and antenna cables
Additional Options and Availability:
- The Amaruq™ Tactical Armour System is available to order today directly from PRE Labs or through the Company’s distribution partners.
- Compatible with all PRE Labs soft armour solutions or it can be custom-fit to your agency-issued body armour.
- Customers can choose the ARP™ configuration and add additional ARP™ platforms at the time of order.
- Available in six colour options – Dark Navy, Black, Ranger Green, Coyote Brown, Wolf Grey, and MultiCam.
- Custom patches can also be included at the time of order.
- As each carrier is custom-made to order, manufacturing lead times apply and will be communicated to customers at the time of order.
To learn more, visit prelabsinc.com/amaruq or, to start building your system, contact PRE Labs or find a local dealer in your area for a custom quote.
Download the Amaruq Spec Sheet Download Release PDF
About PRE Labs Inc.
With the industry’s most innovative technology and the most trusted certifications behind our body armour products, PRE Labs has become a choice supplier of armour to security, defence, military and police organizations across North America and the world.
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram